- Angiopoietin-Like Protein 2 Induced by Mechanical Stress Accelerates Degeneration and Hypertrophy of the Ligamentum Flavum in Lumbar Spinal Canal Stenosis
Takayuki Nakamura, Tatsuya Okada mail,Motoyoshi Endo,Tsuyoshi Kadomatsu,Takuya Taniwaki,Akira Sei,Haruki Odagiri,Tetsuro Masuda,Toru Fujimoto,Takafumi Nakamura,Yuichi Oike,Hiroshi Mizuta
PLOS: January 17, 2014
- The expression of Fn14 via mechanical stress–activated JNK contributes to apoptosis induction in osteoblasts
Hiroyuki Matsui, Naoto Fukuno, Yoshiaki Kanda, Yusuke Kantoh, Toko Chida,Yuko Nagaura, Osamu Suzuki, Hideki Nishitoh, Kohsuke Takeda, Hidenori Ichijo, Yasuhiro,Sawada, Keiichi Sasaki, Takayasu Kobayashi, and Shinri Tamura
J. Biol. Chem. published online January 20, 2014
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors suppress mechanical stress-induced expression of RUNX-2 and ADAMTS-5 through the inhibition of the MAPK signaling pathway in cultured human chondrocytes
T Saito, K Nishida, T Furumatsu, A Yoshida, M Ozawa, T Ozaki
"Osteoarthritis and Cartilage
Volume 21, Issue 1, January 2013, Pages 165–174"
- Continuous cyclic stretch induces osteoblast alignment and formation of anisotropic collagen fiber matrix
Aira Matsugaki, Natsuko Fujiwara, Takayoshi Nakano
Acta Biomaterialia Available online 20 March 2013 Pages 7227–7235
- Mechanical Stretch Increases the Proliferation While Inhibiting the Osteogenic Differentiation in Dental Pulp Stem Cells
Masaki Hata, Keiko Naruse, Shogo Ozawa, Yasuko Kobayashi, Nobuhisa Nakamura, Norinaga Kojima, Maiko Omi, Yuki Katanosaka, Toru Nishikawa, Keiji Naruse, Yoshinobu Tanaka and Tatsuaki Matsubara
Tissue Engineering Part A: Vol. 19 Issue 5-6: February 1, 2013
- Nicotine reduced MMP-9 expression in the primary porcine tenocytes exposed to cyclic stretch
Taku Hatta, Hirotaka Sano,Naoya Sakamoto, Koshi N. Kishimoto, Masaaki Sato, Eiji Itoi
Journal of Orthopaedic Research Volume 31, Issue 4, pages 645–650, April 2013
- Imaging and characterization of stretch-induced ATP release from alveolar A549 cells
Ryszard Grygorczyk, Kishio Furuya, Masahiro Sokabe
The Journal of Physiology Volume 591,Issue 5,Pages 1195-1215,March 2013
- Hyperocclusion Up-regulates CCL3 Expression in CCL2- and CCR2-deficient Mice
T Tsutumi, H kajiya, K T Goto, Y Takahashi, K Okabe
JDR January 2013 vol. 92 No. 1 65-70
- Probing the microenvironmental conditions for induction of superficial zone protein expression
R Mhanna, E Öztürk, P Schlink, M Zenobi-Wong
Osteoarthritis and Cartilage Volume 21, Issue 12, December 2013, Pages 1924–1932
- In Vitro Experimental Study for the Determination of Cellular Axial Strain Threshold and Preferential Axial Strain from Cell Orientation Behavior in a Non-uniform Deformation Field
Yasuyuki Morita, Sachi Watanabe,Yang Ju, Shuhei Yamamoto
"Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics December 2013, Volume 67, Issue 3, pp 1249-1259 "
- Mechanical stretch enhances COL2A1 expression on chromatin by inducing SOX9 nuclear translocalization in inner meniscus cells
Tomoko Kanazawa, Takayuki Furumatsu, Motomi Hachioji, Toshitaka Oohashi, Yoshifumi Ninomiya, Toshifumi Ozaki
"Journal of Orthopaedic Research Volume 30, Issue 3, pages 468–474, March 2012
- RhoA/ROCK, cytoskeletal dynamics and focal adhesion kinase are required for mechanical stretch-induced tenogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells
Baiyao Xu, Guanbin Song, Yang Ju, Xian Li, Yuanhui Song, Sachi Watanabe
"Journal of Cellular Physiology Volume 227, Issue 6, pages 2722–2729, June 2012
- "The mechanical stimulation of cells in 3D culture within a self-assembling peptide hydrogel"
Yusuke Nagai, Hidenori Yokoi , Keiko Kaihara, Keiji Naruse
Biomaterials Volume 33, Issue 4, February 2012, Pages 1044–1051
- FAK-ERK1/2 signaling Pathway is Necessary for Proliferation of Rat Bone-marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells Induced by Cyclic Stretching
Lin Yuan,Qing Luo,Li Yang,Guan-Bin Song
Articles in Press, J. Med. Biol. Eng. (February 23, 2012)
- Live free or die: Stretch-induced apoptosis occurs when adaptive reorientation of annulus fibrosus cells is restricted
Rosalyn D. Abbotta, , Alan K. Howeb, Helene M. Langevinc, James C. Iatridis
"Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications
Volume 421, Issue 2, 4 May 2012, Pages 361–366"
- Dynamic Changes of Traction Force at Focal Adhesions during Macroscopic Cell Stretching Using an Elastic Micropillar Substrate: Tensional Homeostasis of Aortic Smooth Muscle Cells
Kazuaki Nagayama, Akifumi Adachi and Takeo Matsumoto
Journal of Biomechanical Science and Engineering Vol.7,No.2,2012
- Mechanical stretch increases Smad3-dependent CCN2 expression in inner meniscus cells
Takayuki Furumatsu, Tomoko Kanazawa, Yoshiaki Miyake, Satoshi Kubota, MasaharuTakigawa, Toshifumi Ozaki
Journal of Orthopaedic Research Volume 30, Issue 11, pages 1738–1745, November 2012
- Dependence of cyclic stretch-induced stress fiber reorientation on stretch waveform
Abhishek Tondon, Hui-Ju Hsu, Roland Kaunas
"Journal of Biomechanics
Volume 45, Issue 5, 15 March 2012, Pages 728–735"
- Role of nesprin-1 in nuclear deformation in endothelial cells under static and uniaxial stretching conditions
Toshiro Annoa, Naoya Sakamotob,Masaaki Satoa
Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Volume 424, Issue 1, 20 July 2012, Pages 94–99
- Latent Transforming Growth Factor-β Binding Protein 2 Negatively Regulates Coalescence of Oxytalan Fibers Induced by Stretching Stress
Eichi Tsuruga, Kyoko Oka, Yuji Hatakeyama, Keitaro Isokawa, Yoshihiko Sawa
" Connective Tissue Research 2012, Vol. 53, No. 6 , Pages 521-527"
- Role of paxillin in the early phase of orientation of the vascular endothelial cells exposed to cyclic stretching
Wenjing Huang, Naoya Sakamoto, Ryotaro Miyazawa, Masaaki Sato
Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Volume 418, Issue 4, 24 February 2012, Pages 708–713
- Strain waveform dependence of stress fiber reorientation in cyclically stretched osteoblastic cells: Effects of viscoelastic compression of stress fibers
Kazuaki Nagayama,Yuki Kimura, Narutaka Makino, and Takeo Matsumoto
American Journal of Physiology - Cell Physiology Published 22 February 2012
- "Stretch of Atrial Myocytes Stimulates Recruitment of Macrophages via ATP Released Through Gap-Junction Channels"
Sakiko Oishi, Tetsuo Sasano, Yumiko Tateishi, Noriko Tamura, Mitsuaki Isobe,and Tetsushi Furukawa
Journal of Pharmacological Sciences 120, 296 – 304 (2012)
- Role of FAK-ERK1/2 Signaling Pathway in Proliferation of Rat Bone-marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells Stimulated by Cyclic Stretching
Lin Yuan, Qing Luo, Li Yang, Guan-Bin Song
Journal of Medical and Biological Engineering, 33(2): 229-238 17 Feb 2012;
- Heartbeat regulates cardiogenesis by suppressing retinoic acid signaling via expression of miR-143
Kota Y. Miyasaka, Yasuyuki S. Kida, Toshihiro Banjo, Yosuke Ueki, Kazuaki Nagayama, Takeo Matsumoto, Masaaki Sato and Toshihiko Ogura
Mechanisms of Development Volume 128, Issues 1–2, January–February 2011, Pages 18–28
- Akt-mediated mechanotransduction in murine fibroblasts during hypertrophic scar formation
Josemaria Paterno, Ivan N. Vial , Victor W. Wong , Kristine C. Rustad, Michael Sorkin, Yubin Shi, Kirit A. Bhatt, Hariharan Thangarajah, Jason P. Glotzbach, Geoffrey C. Gurtner
"Wound Repair and Regeneration
Volume 19, Issue 1, pages 49–58, January/February 2011"
- Effect of Focal Adhesion Kinase on the Regulation of Realignment and Tenogenic Differentiation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells by Mechanical Stretch
Baiyao Xu,Guanbin Song,and Yang Ju
Connective Tissue Research October 2011, Vol. 52, No. 5 , Pages 373-379
- Cyclic stretch induces upregulation of endothelin-1 with keratinocytes in vitro: Possible role in mechanical stress-induced hyperpigmentation
Masakazu Kurita, Mutsumi Okazaki, Takashi Fujino, Akihiko Takushima, Kiyonori Harii
Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Volume 409, Issue 1, 27 May 2011, Pages 103–107
- Regulation of mechanical stress-induced MMP-13 and ADAMTS-5 expression by RUNX-2 transcriptional factor in SW1353 chondrocyte-like cells
T Tetsunaga, K Nishida, T Furumatsu K Naruse, S Hirohata, A Yoshida, T Saito, T Ozaki
"Osteoarthritis and Cartilage Volume 19, Issue 2, February 2011, Pages 222–232
- "Gene Regulation of Extracellular Matrix Remodeling in Human Bone Marrow Stem Cell-Seeded Tissue-Engineered Grafts "
Sirisha Emani, John E. Mayer Jr.Sitaram M. Emani
Tissue Engineering Part A. Vol. 17 Issue 19-20: September 22, 2011
- Essential Role For Microtubule Dynamics In Cyclic Stretch-Induced Cell Alignment In Human Airway Smooth Muscle Cells
Satoru Ito, Harikrishnan Parameswaran, Masataka Morioka, Keiji Naruse, Masashi Kondo, Masahiro Sokabe, Bela Suki, and Yoshinori Hasegawa
- Stretch stimuli increase fibulin-5/EMILIN-1 complex on oxytalan fibers in human periodontal ligament cells
Kazuki Nakashimaa, Eichi Tsurugab, Yuka Nakatomia, Yoshinori Yamauchia, Yuichiro Hataa, Sachio Tamaokia, Yoshihiko Sawab and Hiroyuki Ishikawa
"Orthodontic Waves Volume 70, Issue 1, March 2011, Pages 15-20 "
- The Roles of Angiotensin II in Stretched Periodontal Ligament Cells
S Monnouchi, H Maeda, S Fujii, A Tomokiyo, K Kono, A akamine
Journal of Dental Research February 2011 Vol. 90 No.2 181-185
- TGF-β-activated kinase 1 mediates mechanical stress-induced IL-6 expression in osteoblasts
Naoto Fukuno, Hiroyuki Matsui, Yoshiaki Kanda, Osamu Suzuki, Kunihiro Matsumoto, Keiichi Sasaki, Takayasu Kobayashi and Shinri Tamura
"Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Volume 408, Issue 2, 6 May 2011, Pages 202-207 "
- Hyperocclusion Stimulates Osteoclastogenesis via CCL2 Expression
K T Goto, H Kajiya, T Nemoto, T Tsutsumi, T Tsuzuki, H Sato, K Okabe
Journal of Dental Research June 2011Vol. 90 No. 6 793-798
- Role of Intercellular Junctions in Redistribution of Focal Adhesions and Orientation of Vascular Endothelial Cells Exposed to Cyclic Stretching
Wenjing Huang, Naoya Sakamoto, Kazuhiko Hanamura, Ryotaro Miyazawa and Masaaki Sato
"Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering September 2011, Volume 4, Issue 3, pp 368-378 "
- Cyclic stretch stimulates vascular smooth muscle cell alignment by redox-dependent activation of Notch3
Jian-Hong Zhu, Chun-Lin Chen, Sheila Flavahan, Jennifer Harr, Baogen Su, and Nicholas A. Flavahan
American Journal of Physiology Heart and Circulatory PhysiologyPublished 1 May 2011Vol. 300 No. H1770-H1780
- Mechanosensitive EPLIN-dependent remodeling of adherens junctions regulates epithelial reshaping
Katsutoshi Taguchi, Takashi Ishiuchi, and Masatoshi Takeichi
The Journal of Cell Biology August 15, 2011Vol. 194 No. 4 643-656
- Hic-5 deficiency enhances mechanosensitive apoptosis and modulates vascular remodeling
Joo-ri Kim-Kaneyamaa, Naoki Takeda, Asami Sasai, Akira Miyazaki, Masataka Sata, Takahiro Hirabayashi, Motoko Shibanuma, f, Gen Yamada, Kiyoshi Nose
"Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology Volume 50, Issue 1, January 2011, Pages 77-86 "
- Microtubule Dynamics Regulate Cyclic Stretch-Induced Cell Alignment in Human Airway Smooth Muscle Cells
Masataka Morioka, Harikrishnan Parameswaran, Keiji Naruse, Masashi Kondo, Masahiro Sokabe, Yoshinori Hasegawa, Béla Suki, Satoru Ito
PLOS October 17, 2011
- Mechanical stretch increases CCN2/CTGF expression in anterior cruciate ligament-derived cells
Yoshiaki Miyakea, Takayuki Furumatsu, Satoshi Kubota, Kazumi Kawata, Toshifumi Ozaki, Masaharu Takigawa
Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Volume 409, Issue 2, 3 June 2011, Pages 247–252
- The Effects of Mechanical Stress on the Growth, Differentiation, and Paracrine Factor Production of Cardiac Stem Cells
Hiroshi Kurazumi, Masayuki Kubo, Mako Ohshima, Yumi Yamamoto, Yoshihiro Takemoto, Ryo Suzuki, Shigeru Ikenaga, Akihito Mikamo, Koichi Udo, Kimikazu Hamano, Tao-Sheng Li
PLOS December 28, 2011
- Combined stimulation with cyclic stretching and hypoxia increases production of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and cytokines by macrophages
Koki Otya, Naoya Sakamoto,Toshiro Ohashi,Masaaki Sato
Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Volume 412,Issue 4,9 September2011,Pagese 678-682
- Heterogeneous response of traction force at focal adhesions of vascular smooth muscle cells subjected to macroscopic stretch on a micropillar substrate
kazuaki Nagayama, Akifumi Adachi,Takeo Matsumoto
Journal of Biomechanics Volume44,Issue 15,13 October 2011,Pages 2699-2705
- Role of heme oxygenase-1 in inflammatory response induced by mechanical stretch in synovial cells
Masanobu Takao, Toshinori Okinaga, Wataru Ariyoshi, Kenjiro Iwanaga, Ikuo Nakamichi, Izumi Yoshioka, Kazuhiro Tominaga and Tatsuji Nishihara
Inflammation Research September 2011, Vol. 60, Issue 9, pp 861-867
- "Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4)-dependent calcium influx and ATP release in mouse oesophageal keratinocytes "
Hiroshi Mihara, Ammar Boudaka, Toshiro Sugiyama, Yoshinori Moriyama, Makoto Tominaga
"The Journal of Physiology
Vol.589, Issue 14, pages 3471–3482, July 2011
- Angiotensin II induces microtubule reorganization mediated by a deacetylase SIRT2 in endothelial cells
Aiko Hashimoto-Komatsu, Tetsuaki Hirase, Machiko Asaka and Koichi Node
Hypertension Research 2011, 34,949-956, 16 June 2011
- Caveolae respond to cell stretch and contribute to stretch-induced signaling
Othon L. Gervásio, William D. Phillips, Louise Cole and David G. Allen
Journal of Cell Science 124, 3581–3590 June 2011
- Mechanical loading increased BMP-2 expression which promoted osteogenic differentiation of tendon-derived stem cells
Yun Feng Rui,Pauline Po Yee Lui,Ming Ni,Lai Shan Chan,Yuk Wa Lee,Kai Ming Chan
Journal of Orthopaedic Research Volume 29, Issue 3, pages 390–396, March 2011
- The kinase Pyk2 is involved in renal fibrosis by means of mechanical stretch–induced growth factor expression in renal tubules
Kazuhiro Sonomura, Mitsuhiko Okigaki, Taikou Kimura, Eiko Matsuoka, Yayoi Shiotsu, Takaomi Adachi, Hiroshi Kado, Ryo Ishida, Tetsuro Kusaba, Hiroaki Matsubara and Yasukiyo Mori
Kidney International (2012) 81, 449–457 published online 7 December 2011
- Stretch-Induced Stress Fiber Remodeling and the Activations of JNK and ERK Depend on Mechanical Strain Rate, but Not FAK
Hui-Ju Hsu, Chin-Fu Lee, Andrea Locke, Susan Q. Vanderzyl, Roland Kaunas
POLS August 30 2010
- Intracellular Memory of Stress Fiber Orientation: Focal Adhesions Store It and Microtubules Erase It During Disassembly–Reassembly Process of Stress Fibers
Y. F. Yang, K. Nagayama and T. Matsumoto
"World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, September 7 - 12, 2009, Munich, Germany IFMBE Proceedings, 2010, Vol 25/4, 649-650 "
- Actin Cytoskeleton Regulates Mechanical Stretch－Activated Ca2+ Influx in Human Lung Microvascular Endothelial Cells.
S Ito, H Kume, M Iwaki, M Ishii, Y Numaguchi, M Kondo, S Iwata, K Imaizumi, M Sokabe and Y Hasegawa
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010 July; 43(1): 26–34.
- TRPV2 Enhances Axon Outgrowth through Its Activation by Membrane Stretch in Developing Sensory and Motor Neurons
Koji Shibasaki, Namie Murayama, Katsuhiko Ono, Yasuki Ishizaki, and Makoto Tominaga
The Journal of Neuroscience, March 31, 2010 • 30(13):4601– 4612 • 4601
- Mechanical Stretch Enhances IL-8 Production Via P38 Activation In Human Pulmonary Microvascular Endothelial Cells
Satoru Ito, Mai Iwaki, Masataka Morioka, Masashi Kondo, Hiromichi Aso, Masahiro Sokabe, and Yoshinori Hasegawa
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2010 A2658
- Mechanical Stretch Activates Signaling Events for Protein Translation Initiation and Elongation in C2C12 Myoblasts
Naoya Nakai, Fuminori Kawano, Yoshihiko Oke, Sachiko Nomura, Takashi Ohira, Ryo Fujita ,and Yoshinobu Ohira
Molecules and Cells December 2010, Volume 30, Issue 6, pp 513-518
- ERK1/2 Mediates Mechanical Stretch-Induced Proliferation of Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells
Guanbin Song, Lin Yuan, Qing Luo, Yisong Shi, Li Yang and Yang Ju
6th World Congress of Biomechanics (WCB 2010). August 1-6, 2010 Singapore IFMBE Proceedings Volume 31,2010,pp 1125-1128
- Distinct mechanosensitive Ca2+ influx mechanisms in human primary synovial fibroblasts
Yuko Sakamoto, Muneaki Ishijima, Haruka Kaneko, Nagomi Kurebayashi, Naoki Ichikawa, Ippei Futami, Hisashi Kurosawa, Eri Arikawa-Hirasawa
"Journal of Orthopaedic Research
Volume 28, Issue 7, pages 859–864, July 2010"
- High-glucose condition reduces cardioprotective effects of insulin against mechanical stress-induced cell injury
Yasushi Teshimaa,Naohiko Takahashia, Luong Cong Thuca, Satoru Nishioa, Yasuko Nagano-Torigoea, Hiroko Miyazakia, Kaori Ezakia, Kunio Yufua, Masahide Harab, Mikiko Nakagawaa and Tetsunori Saikawa
"Life Sciences Volume 87, Issues 5-6, 31 July 2010, Pages 154-161"
- Phosphorylation of TRPC6 Channels at Thr69 Is Required for Anti-hypertrophic Effects of Phosphodiesterase 5 Inhibition
Motohiro Nishida, Kenta Watanabe, Yoji Sato, Michio Nakaya, Naoyuki Kitajima, Tomomi Ide, Ryuji Inoue and Hitoshi Kurose
The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 285, 13244-13253. April 23,2010
YAKUGAKU ZASSHI 130(11)1427-1433(2110) 2010 The Pharmaceutical Society of Japan
- Differential induction of collagens by mechanical stress in human periodontal ligament cells
Tetsuomi Nemoto,Hiroshi kajiya,Takasaki Tsuzuki,Yutaka Takahashi,Koji Okabe
Archives of Oral Biology Volume 55,Issue 12,December 2010,Pages 981-987
Mechanical stretch enhances NF-κB-dependent gene expression and
poly(ADP-ribose) synthesis in synovial cells
Toshiaki Morisugi, Yasuharu Tanaka, Tetsuji Kawakami, and Tadaaki Kirita
- "The TRPV4 Cation Channel Mediates Stretch-evoked Ca2 Influx and ATP Release in Primary Urothelial Cell Cultures(No.91と同じ）"
"Tsutomu Mochizuk, Takaaki Sokabe, Isao Araki, Kayoko Fujishita , Koji Shibasaki, Kunitoshi Uchida, Keiji Naruse, Schuichi Koizumi , Masayuki Takeda, and Makoto Tominaga"
The Journal of Biological Chemistry, Vol. 284, No. 32, pp. 21257–21264, August 7, 2009
- Stretching modulates oxytalan fibers in human periodontal ligament cells
Tsuruga E, Nakashima K, Ishikawa H, Yajima T, Sawa Y.
Journal of Periodontal Research Volume 44, Issue 2, pages 170–174, April 2009
- Stretching stimulates fibulin-5 expression and controls microfibril bundles in human periodontal ligament cells
Nakashima K, Tsuruga E, Hisanaga Y, Ishikawa H, Sawa Y.
Journal of Periodontal Research Volume 44, Issue 5, pages 622–627, October 2009
- Application of Mechanical Strain to Chondrocytes in 3D Culture
"Marcy Zenobi-Wong, Alfredo Franco-Obregon and Janos Vörös"
June 20, 2009
- Temporal Effects of Cyclic Stretching on Distribution and Gene Expression of Integrin and Cytoskeleton by Ligament Fibroblasts In Vitro
Daiki Kaneko,Yoshihiro Sasazaki,Toshiyuki Kikuchi,Takeshi Ono,Kohichi Nemoto,Hideo Matsumoto,Yoshiaki Toyama
Connective Tissue Research 2009,Vol.50,No.4,Pages 263-269
- Mechanical stress induces the activation of TAK1 and its downstream pathways in pre-osteoblastic cells
Fukuno N, Matsui H, Suzuki O, Sasaki K, Kobayashi T, Tamura, S
Micro-NanoMechatronics and Human Science, 2009. MHS 2009. International Symposium on 9-11 Nov. 2009 pages 383-384
- Mechanical stress modulates bone remodeling signals
Hiroyuki Matsui, Naoto Fukuno, Osamu Suzuki, Kohsuke Takeda, Hidenori Ichijo, Takayasu Kobayashi, Shinri Tamura and Keiichi Sasaki
"Interface Oral Health Science 2009 2010,pp 129-132 "
- Uniaxial Cyclic Stretch Increases Glucose Uptake into C2C12 Myotubes through a Signaling Pathway Independent of Insulin-like Growth Factor I
M Iwata, S Suzuki, K Hayakawa, T. Inoue , K. Naruse
Hormone and metabolic research 2009, vol. 41, pp. 16-22
- Characterization of contraction-inducible CXC chemokines and their roles in C2C12 myocytes
Taku Nedachi, Hiroyasu Hatakeyama, Tatsuyoshi Kono, Masaaki Sato, and Makoto Kanzaki
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297: E866–E878, 2009.
- The TRPV4 Cation Channel Mediates Stretch-evoked Ca2 Influx and ATP Release in Primary Urothelial Cell Cultures
"Tsutomu Mochizuki, Takaaki Sokabe, Isao Araki, Kayoko Fujishita , Koji Shibasaki, Kunitoshi Uchida, Keiji Naruse, Schuichi Koizumi , Masayuki Takeda, and Makoto Tominaga"
The Journal of Biological Chemistry Vol. 284, No. 32, pp. 21257–21264, August 7, 2009
- Mechanical stretch stimulates integrin αVβ3-mediated collagen expression in human anterior cruciate ligament cells
Tomonori Tetsunaga,Takayuki Furumatsu,Nobuhiro Ave,Keiichiro Nishida,Keiji Naruse,Toshifumi Ozaki
Journal of Biomechanics Volume 42, Issue 13 , Pages 2097-2103, 18 September 2009
- Effects of relaxin on collagen type I released by stretched human periodontal ligament cells
M Takano, M Yamaguchi, R Nakajima, S Fujita, T Kojima, K Kasai
"Orthodontics & Craniofacial Research
Volume 12, Issue 4, pages 282–288, November 2009"
- Regulation of endothelin-1-induced interleukin-6 production by Ca2+ influx in human airway smooth muscle cells
Susumu Iwata, Satoru Ito, Mai Iwaki, Masashi Kondo, Toyokazu Sashio, Naoya Takeda, Masahiro Sokabe, Yoshinori Hasegawa and Hiroaki Kume
"European Journal of Pharmacology Volume 605, Issues 1-3, 1 March 2009, Pages 15-22 "
- Mechanical stretch enhances IL-8 production in pulmonary microvascular endothelial cells
Mai Iwaki, Satoru Ito, Masataka Morioka, Susumu Iwata, Yasushi Numaguchi, Masakazu Ishii, Masashi Kondo, Hiroaki Kume, Keiji Naruse, Masahiro Sokabe, and Yoshinori Hasegaw
"Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications Volume 389, Issue 3, 20 November 2009, Pages 531-536"
- Effects of Three-Dimensional Culture and Cyclic Stretch Stimulation on Expression of Contractile Proteins in Freshly Isolated Rat Aortic Smooth Muscle Cells.
Kazuaki Nagayama, Naoki Morishima, and Takeo Matsumoto
Journal of Biomechanical Science and Engineering Vol.4,No.2 2009
- Passage-affected competitive regulation of osteoprotegerin synthesis and the receptor activator of nuclear factor-κB ligand mRNA expression in normal human osteoblasts stimulated by the application of cyclic tensile strain
Akinori Kusumi, Tomomi Kusumi, Jun Miura and Tomonori Tateishi
"Journal of Bone and Mineral Metabolism November 2009, Volume 27, Issue 6, pp 653-662 "
- The involvement of aldosterone in cyclic stretch-mediated activation of NADPH oxidase in vascular smooth muscle cells Cyclic stretch and aldosterone
Takahiro Ohmine, Yoshikazu Miwa, Fumi Takahashi-Yanaga, Sachio Morimoto, Yoshihiko Maehara and Toshiyuki Sasaguri
Hypertension Research 2009 32, 690–699"
- "Early postoperative oral intake accelerates upper gastrointestinal anastomotic healing in the rat model"
Tadano Sosuke, Terashima Hideo, Fukuzawa Junya, Matsuo Ryota, Ikeda Osamu, Ohkohchi Nobuhiro
Journal of surgical research, 169(2): 202-208 2009
- A novel Ca2+ influx pathway activated by mechanical stretch in human airway smooth muscle cells.
Ito S, Kume H, Naruse K, Kondo M, Takeda N, Iwata S, Hasegawa Y, Sokabe M.
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2008 Apr;38(4):407-13.
- Analysis of cyclic-stretching responses using cell-adhesion-patterned cells.
Katanosaka Y, Bao JH, Komatsu T, Suemori T, Yamada A, Mohri S, Naruse K.
Journal of Biotechnology Volume 133, Issue 1, 1 January 2008, Pages 82–89
- Mechanical Strain Increases Expression of Type Xll Collagen in Murine Osteoblastics MC3T3-E1 Cells
Katsuhiko Arai,Yuko Nagashima,Taeko Takemoto,and Toshio Nishiyama
CELL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION 33:203-210(2008)
- Cyclic strain induces mouse embryonic stem cell differentiation into vascular smooth muscle cells by activating PDGF receptorbeta
"Nobutaka Shimizu, Kimiko Yamamoto, Syotaro Obi, Shinichiro Kumagaya, Tomomi Masumura, Yasumasa Shimano, Keiji Naruse, Jun K. Yamashita, Takashi Igarashi, and Joji Ando"
Journal of Applied Physiology March 2008vol 104: 766–772
- Effects of tensile and compressive strains on response of a chondrocytic cell line embedded in type I collagen gel
Yuji Hirano a, Naoki Ishiguro a, Masahiro Sokabe b,c, Masaharu Takigawa d, Keiji Naruse e
Journal of Biotechnology Volume 133, Issue 2, 20 January 2008, Pages 245–252
- Mechanotransduction in an extracted cell model: Fyn drives stretch- and flow-elicited PECAM-1 phosphorylation.
Chiu YJ, McBeath E, Fujiwara K.
J Cell Biol. 2008 Aug 25;182(4):753-63.
- Mechanical forces facilitate actin polymerization at focal adhesions in zyxin-dependent manner
Hirata H, Tatsumi H, Sokabe M.
J Cell Sci. 2008 Sep 1;121(Pt 17):2795-804.
- Regulation of Cyclic Longitudinal Mechanical Stretch on Proliferation of Human Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells
Guanbin Song, Yang Ju, Hitoshi Soyama, Toshiro Ohashi and Masaaki Sato
MCB, Vol.090, No.1, pp.1-10, 2008
- Cyclic strain induces mouse embryonic stem cell differentiation into vascular smooth muscle cells by activating PDGF receptor β
"Nobutaka Shimizu, Kimiko Yamamoto, Syotaro Obi, Shinichiro Kumagaya, Tomomi Masumura, Yasumasa Shimano, Keiji Naruse, Jun K. Yamashita, Takashi Igarashi,2and Joji Ando"
Journal of Applied Physiology March 2008 Vol. 104 No. 3 766-772
- Application of elastic salmon collagen gel to uniaxial stretching culture of human umbilical vein endothelial cells.
Toshiyuki Kanayamaa, Nobuhiro Nagai,Kazuo Moric and Masanobu Munekata
Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering Volume 105, Issue 5, May 2008, Pages 554-557
- Loading of Mechanical Stress to Osteoblasts May Induce Cytokine Cross Talks between Osteoblasts and Monocytes/Macrophages in a JNK/p38-dependent Manner
Matsui Ｈ,Fukuno N,Sasaki K,Suzuki O,Kobayashi T,Tamura S
Micro-NanoMechatronics and Human Science, 2008. MHS 2008. International Symposium on 6-9 Nov. 2008 pages 379-380
- Cyclic strain induces ES cell differentiation into vascular smooth muscle cells via PDGF receptor Ã activation
Yamamoto K, Shimizu N, Obi S, Ando J
"Micro-NanoMechatronics and Human Science, 2008. MHS 2008. International Symposium on 6-9 Nov.2008 pages 481-486 "
- Involvement of Cyclooxygenase-2 in Synergistic Effect of Cyclic Stretching and Eicosapentaenoic Acid on Adipocyte Differentiation
Yoshiyuki Tanabe, Yumi Matsunaga, Maki Saito, and Koichi Nakayama
Journal of Pharmacological Sciences 106, 478 – 484 2008
- Role of mechanical-stress inducible protein Hcs24/CTGF/CCN2 in cartilage growth and regeneration: Mechanical stress induces expression of Hcs24/CTGF/CCN2 in a human chondrocytic cell line HCS-2/8, rabbit costal chondrocytes and meniscus tissue cells
Takashi Nishida, Azusa Maeda, Satoshi Kubota, Masaharu Takigawa
Biorheology Volume 45, Number 3-4 / 2008 pages289-299
- Remodeling of Endothelial Cell Nucleus Exposed to Three Different Mechanical Stimuli
Toshiro OHASHI,Kazuhiko HANAMURA,Daisaku AZUMA,Naoya SAKAMOTO and Masaaki SATO
Journal of Biomechanical Science and Engineering Vol.3,No.2,2008
- The infl uence of serial passage on cyclic tensile strain-induced osteoprotegerin synthesis from normal human osteoblasts in vitro
"Akinori Kusumi,Hirotaka Sakaki1,Tomomi Kusumi,Hiroshi Nakagawa, Kosei Kubota,Mitsuo Oda,Hisashi Satoh and Hiroto Kimura"
Hirosaki Med．J. 59（Suppl.）：S172―S187，2007
- Uniaxial Cyclic Stretch-Stimulated Glucose Transport Is Mediated by a Ca 2+ -Dependent Mechanism in Cultured Skeletal Muscle Cells
Masahiro Iwata,Kimihide Hayakawa,Taro Murakami,Keiji Naruse,Keisuke Kawakami,Masumi Inoue-Miyazu, Louis Yuge,Shigeyuki Suzuki
- Novel Mechanisms of Valsartan on the Treatment of Acute Myocardial Infarction Through Inhibition on the Antiadhesion Molecule Periostin
Iekushi K, Taniyama Y, Azuma J, Katsuragi N, Dosaka N, Sanada F, Koibuchi N, Nagao K, Ogihara T, Morishita R.
Hypertension. 2007 Jun;49(6):1409-14.
- Rac1 activity is required for cardiac myocyte alignment in response to mechanical stress
Yamane M, Matsuda T, Ito T, Fujio Y, Takahashi K, Azuma J.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. Volume 353, Issue 4, 23 February 2007, Pages 1023–1027
- Down-regulation of ERK but not MEK phosphorylation in cultured endothelial cells by repeated changes in cyclic stretch
Shi F, Chiu YJ, Cho Y, Bullard TA, Sokabe M, Fujiwara K.
Cardiovascular Research 73 (2007) 813–822
- Uniaxial cyclic stretch-stimulated glucose transport is mediated by a ca-dependent mechanism in cultured skeletal muscle cells.
Iwata M, Hayakawa K, Murakami T, Naruse K, Kawakami K, Inoue-Miyazu M, Yuge L, Suzuki S.
- The Magnitude and Duration of Cyclic Stretch Affect JNK and p38 Activation in MC3T3-E1 Pre-Osteoblastic Cells
Matsui H, Fukuno N, Sasaki K, Suzuki O, Kobayashi T,Tamura S
Micro-NanoMechatronics and Human Science, 2007.11-14 Nov. 2007
- Upregulation of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 and its activator MMP-3 of human osteoblast by uniaxial cyclic stimulation
Kan Sasaki, Michiaki Takagi, Yrjö T. Konttinen, Akiko Sasaki, Yasunobu Tamaki, Toshihiko Ogino, Seppo Santavirta, Jari Salo
"Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Volume 80B, Issue 2, pages 491–498, February 2007
- Novel Mechanisms of Valsartan on the Treatment of Acute Myocardial Infarction Through Inhibition of the Antiadhesion Molecule Periostin
Kazuma Iekushi, Yoshiaki Taniyama, Junya Azuma, Naruto Katsuragi, Norio Dosaka, Fumihiro Sanada, Nobutaka Koibuchi, Kaori Nagao, Toshio Ogihara, Ryuichi Morishita
Hypertension.2007; 49: 1409-1414
- N-cadherin signals through Rac1 determine the localization of connexin 43 in cardiac myocytes
Matsuda T, Fujio Y, Nariai T, Ito T, Yamane M, Takatani T, Takahashi K, Azuma J.
Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology Volume 40, Issue 4, April 2006, Pages 495–502
- Bi-phasic activation of eNOS in response to uni-axial cyclic stretch is mediated by differential mechanisms in BAECs.
Takeda H, Komori K, Nishikimi N, Nimura Y, Sokabe M, Naruse K.
"Life Sciences Volume 79, Issue 3, 13 June 2006, Pages 233–239
- Roles of stretch-activated cation channel and Rho-kinase in the spontaneous contraction of airway smooth muscle.
Ito S, Kume H, Oguma T, Ito Y, Kondo M, Shimokata K, Suki B, Naruse K.
European Journal of Pharmacology Volume 552, Issues 1–3, 15 December 2006, Pages 135–142
- Involvement of STAT3 in Bladder Smooth Muscle Hypertrophy Following Bladder Outlet Obstruction
"Osamu Fujitaa, Masato Asanumab, Teruhiko Yokoyamaa＊, Ikuko Miyazakib, Norio Ogawab, and Hiromi Kumona"
"Acta Med. Okayama, 2006 Vol. 60, No. 6, pp. 299ﾝ309"
- The Effect of Cyclic Uniaxial Stretch on E-Selectin Expression in HUVEC Cells
Klaudiusz Suchodolski, M.D., Claudia T. Mierke, Ph.D., Monika Hedwig-Geissing, Ph.D., Jürgen Schüttler, M.D., Wolfgang H. Goldmann, Ph.D.
American Society of Anesthesiologists, October 15, 2006
- Mechanotransduction by integrin is essential for IL-6 secretion from endothelial cells in response to uniaxial continuous stretch.
Sasamoto A, Nagino M, Kobayashi S, Naruse K, Nimura Y, Sokabe M.
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005 May;Vol.288,C1012-22.
- Fabrication of reconfigurable protein matrices by cracking
Xiaoyue Zhu,Kristen L.Mills,Portia R.Peters,Joong Hwan Bahng,Elizabeth Ho Liu,Jeongsup Shim,Keiji Naruse,Marie E.Csete,M.D.Thouless,and Shuichi Takayama
Nature Materials 4, 403 - 406 (2005)
- Uni-axial stretching regulates intracellular localization of Hic-5 expressed in smooth-muscle cells in vivo
Kim-Kaneyama JR, Suzuki W, Ichikawa K, Ohki T, Kohno Y, Sata M, Nose K, Shibanuma M.
Life Sciences Volume 76, Issue 24, 29 April 2005, Pages 2817–2825
- Stretch-induced cell proliferation is mediated by FAK-MAPK pathway.
Wang JG, Miyazu M, Xiang P, Li SN, Sokabe M, Naruse K.
Life Sci. 2005 Apr 29;76(24):2817-25
- Involvement of reactive oxygen species in cyclic stretch-induced NF-kappaB activation in human fibroblast cells.
Amma H, Naruse K, Ishiguro N, Sokabe M.
Br J Pharmacol. 2005 Jun;145(3):364-73
- Characteristics of subepithelial fibroblasts as a mechano-sensor in the intestine:cell-shape-dependent ATP release and P2Y1signaling.
Furuya K, Sokabe M, Furuya S.
J Cell Sci. 2005 Aug 1;118(Pt 15):3289-304.
- Calcium regulates the PI3K-Akt pathway in stretched osteoblasts.
Danciu TE, Adam RM, Naruse K, Freeman MR, Hauschka PV.
FEBS Volume 536, Issues 1–3, 11 February 2003, Pages 193–197
- A novel mechanism of myocyte degeneration involvingthe Ca2-permeable growth factor–regulated channel
Iwata Y, Katanosaka Y, Arai Y, Komamura K, Miyatake K, Shigekawa M.
J Cell Biol. 2003 Jun 9;161(5):957-67
- Stretch-inducedIL-6secretion from endothelialcells requires NF-κB activation
Kobayashi S, Nagino M, Komatsu S, Naruse K, Nimura Y, Nakanishi M, Sokabe M.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. Volume 308, Issue 2, 22 August 2003, Pages 306–312
- Bone-regenerative Profiles of Bone Growth Factors and Matrix Protein Expression in Mechanically Strained Human Osteoblast-like Cells Examined by RT-PCR
T. KANNO, T. TSUJISAWA, W. ARIYOSHI, M. IWAMURA, T. KOSEKI, T. TAKAHASHI, and T. NISHIHARA
Back to the 81st General Session of the International Association for Dental Research (June 25-28, 2003)
- N-cadherin-mediated cell adhesion determines the plasticity for cell alignment in response to mechanical stretch in cultured cardiomyocytes
Matsuda T, Takahashi K, Nariai T, Ito T, Takatani T, Fujio Y, Azuma J.
Biochem Biophys Res Commum Volume 326, Issue 1, 31 December 2004, Pages 228–232
- Uni-axial cyclic stretch induces Cbfa1 expression in spinal ligament cells derived from patients with ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament.
Iwasaki K, Furukawa KI, Tanno M, Kusumi T, Ueyama K, Tanaka M, Kudo H, Toh S, Harata S, Motomura S.
Calcified Tissue International May 2004, Volume 74, Issue 5, pp 448-457
- Mechanical Stretching In Vitro Regulates Signal Transduction Pathways and Cellular Proliferation in Human Epidermal Keratinocytes
Shoichiro Yano, Mayumi Komine, Manabu Fujimoto, Hitoshi Okochi, and Kunihiko Tamaki
Journal of Investigative Dermatology (2004) 122, Pages 783–790
- Stretch-induced morphological changes of human endothelial cells depend on the intracellular level of Ca2+ rather than of cAMP.
Yamada T, Naruse K, Sokabe M
Life Sciences. Volume Volume 67, Issue 21, 13 October 2000, Pages 2605–2613
- Uniaxial cyclic stretch induces focal adhesion kinase (FAK) tyrosine phosphorylation followed by mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) activation.
Wang JG, Miyazu M, Matsushita E, Sokabe M, Naruse K.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. Volume 288, Issue 2, 26 October 2001, Pages 356–361
- SA channel mediates superoxide production in HUVECs.
Aikawa K, Nishikimi N, Sakurai T, Nimura Y, Sokabe M, Naruse K.
Life Sciences Volume 69, Issue 15, 31 August 2001, Pages 1717–1724
- Protamine augments stretch induced calcium increase in vascular endothelium.
Murase K, Naruse K, Kimura A, Okumura K, Hayakawa T, Sokabe M.
British Journal of Pharmacology Volume 134, Issue 7, pages 1403–1410, December 2001
- Uni-axial cyclic stretch induces the activation of transcription factor nuclear factor kappaB in human fibroblast cells.
Inoh H, Ishiguro N, Sawazaki S, Amma H, Miyazu M, Iwata H, Sokabe M, Naruse K.
The FASEB Journal vol. 16 no. 3 405-407 March 2002
- Molecular identification of a eukaryotic, stretch-activated nonselective cation channel.
Kanzaki M, Nagasawa M, Kojima I, Sato C, Naruse K, Sokabe M, Iida H.
"science,285:882-886 1999 "
- Orientation Change of Cardiocytes Induced by Cyclic Stretch Stimulation:Time Dependency and Involvement of Protein Kinases
Kenji Kada, Kenji Yasui, Keiji Naruse1, Kaichiro Kamiya, Itsuo Kodama and Junji Toyama
J Mol Cell Cardiol Volume 31, Issue 1, January 1999, Pages 247–259
- Activation of pp60src is critical for stretch-induced orienting response in fibroblasts.
Sai X, Naruse K, Sokabe M.
Journal of Cell Science 112, 1365-1373 1999
- Molecular Identification of a Eukaryotic, Stretch-Activated Nonselective Cation Channel
Kanzaki M, Nagasawa M, Kojima I, Sato C, Naruse K, Sokabe M, Iida H.
Science 6 August 1999:Vol. 285 no. 5429 pp. 882-886
- Up-regulation of integrin beta3 expression by cyclic stretch in human umbilical endothelial cells
Suzuki M, Naruse K, Asano Y, Okamoto T, Nishikimi N, Sakurai T, Nimura Y, Sokabe M.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun.Volume 239, Issue 2, 20 October 1997, Pages 372–376
- Mechanotransduction and intracellular signaling mechanisms of stretch-induced remodeling in endothelial cells
Sokabe M, Naruse K, Sai S, Yamada T, Kawakami K, Inoue M, Murase K, Miyazu M
Heart Vessels. 1997;Suppl 12:191-3.
- Involvement of SA channels in orienting response of cultured endothelial cells to cyclic stretch.
Naruse K, Yamada T, Sokabe M.
American Journal of Physiology - Heart and Circulatory PhysiologyPublished 1 May 1998Vol. 274no. H1532-H1538
- Pp125FAK is required for stretch dependent morphological response of endothelial cells
Naruse K, Yamada T, Sai XR, Hamaguchi M, Sokabe M.
Oncogene. 1998 Jul 30;17(4):455-63
- Up regulation of COX2 expression by uni-axial cyclic stretch in human lung fibroblast cells.
Kato T, Ishiguro N, Iwata H, Kojima T, Ito T, Naruse K.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. Volume 244, Issue 3, 27 March 1998, Pages 615–619
- Uni-axial cyclic stretch induces c-src activation and translocation in human endothelial cells via SA channel activation
Naruse K, Sai X, Yokoyama N, Sokabe M.
FEBS Lett. Volume 441, Issue 1, 11 December 1998, Pages 111–115